Effective date: December 10, 2012
- 1.Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual or an Affiliate. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- 1.Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, mobile telephone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website Consumer account names, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Exclusífe.
- 2.Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of coupons you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; the types of coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- 3.Transaction Information about how you interact with Exclusífe, such as the coupons you view and redeem and the types of Business you visit; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Exclusífe, business partners, and service providers.
- 4.Mobile Location Information to help us offer you coupons for Businesses nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
- 2.How Exclusífe Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact Exclusífe. You are required to submit at least your mobile telephone number in order to sign up for our Site.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or Exclusífe services.
- 3.How Exclusífe Uses Personal Information
Exclusífe uses Personal Information to:
- 1Operate and improve our Sites
- 2Provide Consumers with coupons, discounts, deals, and features for products and services from participating , including coupons based on variables such as stated and anticipated Consumer interests, personal characteristics, or location
- 3Evaluate eligibility of Consumers for certain coupons, products or services
- 4Evaluate the types of coupons, discounts, products or services that may be of interest to Consumers
- 5Track redemption of coupons and perform other analytics
- 6Provide Consumer support, including to our Businesses
- 7Fulfill requests for Exclusífe services
- 8Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Exclusífe and our business partners, such as Exclusífe news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials
- 9Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing
- 10Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication
- 11Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners
- 4.When and Why Exclusífe Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- 1Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Exclusífe) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- 2Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- 3Businesses, but only to the extent you have subscribed to the Business, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Exclusífe on behalf of the Business .
- 4Exclusífe business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Exclusífe and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Exclusífe from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Exclusífe business partner, Exclusífe may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Exclusífe and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- 5Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Exclusífe is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- 6We encourage Exclusífe Businesses and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our Businesses, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our Consumers.
- 5.Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our Sites, Exclusífe and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Sites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Sites.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. "Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Sites, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Sites. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our Consumer experience.
- 6.Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of coupons you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Exclusífe, and you can limit the communications that Exclusífe sends to you.
You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions located in your account. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages or Businesses, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with Exclusífe, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Exclusífe and your social media account or your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from Exclusífe Businesses or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you or from SMS through the details on the Site.
- 7.Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best coupons available through our Businesses and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into the Site and visiting your Profile page.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please Contact Us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- 8.Security of Personal Information
Exclusífe has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
- 9.Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- 10.Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Please allow 30 days for a response.